This is one of the many skin care products thought to relieve fine lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles around the eye produced and marketed by Obagi. With many years of production, this company can boast of its experience in producing the best products in the market. Owned by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, these products are distributed all over various physician’s offices and spas. Additionally, you can find the products online. However, be weary of fake or counterfeit products. Manufacturers, therefore, recommend direct purchases from their companies to avoid such cases.
How does it work?
Obagi Elastiderm Eye Cream works with the main objective of rejuvenating the appearance of your skin. It is a tightening formula that works by encouraging the production of elastin and collagen. As indicated before, these are essential components of the skin. Applying this product improves the elasticity and replaces the lost collagen resulting thus resulting in a reduction of wrinkles and other aging signs. This is clearly visible around the eyes.
Unlike older, traditional creams, this product is ideal for sensitive, normal, oily, dry, acne-prone, mature and normal skins among other variations in skin types. It is a moisturizer that treats aging skin, crow’s feet, free radical damaged skin and crepey skin. Apply Obagi Elastiderm as small dots to clean skin twice a day. Avoid getting the product into your eyes and ensure it reaches the lid under eye and corner creases.
- Antioxidants. Antioxidants such as synthetic malonic acid, licorice root and blueberry extracts incorporated in the product are clinically proven to stimulate elastin production. When used in pure form, malonic acid causes skin irritation- so don’t try making a DIY product here!
- Caffeine. It is alleged to boost the fullness of the region under the eye. Though with no scientific proof to back this up, users have testified that the product works.
- Ethylhexyl palmitate. This ingredient is included to improve the texture and ability of the product to spread easily over the skin.
- Mica and iron oxide are added specifically to offer skin-brightening features. This betters the skin during the healing process.
- Harmless parabens. They are crucial in increasing the rate of collagen and elastin production by speeding up the process of new cell formation.
- Powerful moisturizers. They enable the cream to penetrate deep into the skin. These essential components can trap large volumes of water thus hydrating the skin nearly all day.
- Eliminates and reduces dark circles around the eye. Many people who have not tried out this product yet find this challenging to reduce.
- Boosts the formation of elastin and collagen thus slows down the aging process and rate of wrinkle formation. Additionally, it does rely on a second product to achieve this unlike other skin care products.
- Cures free radical damages.
- Eliminates wrinkles, crow’s feet, and fine lines thus a smoother skin.
Things to Note:
- This product is more expensive to purchase compared to store bought brands.
- Increasing production of counterfeit products makes it difficult to identify the real product.
With its recent inception into the market, Obagi Elastiderm eye cream has gained popularity- thanks to its skin rejuvenation power that meets the clients’ needs. Of the many reviews gathered about this product, a large percentage give it thumbs up. Various customers who have tried the product gratefully rate the product with five stars claiming they noted a difference after using it for two weeks.
With many options to consider for rejuvenating aging skin, Obagi Elastiderm performs well.