Throwing an award-winning Oscar party is never easy, but you can add a touch of glamour by following the tips I put together over at Yahoo! Tech. Honestly, I can't stop finding great tips, so I'll be posting a few more on this post. In the meantime, check out these sites below to find movie-themed drinks, food, and even music.
- Invites: Evite.comhas lots of invitations you can use to get your party started.
- Food: Epicurious has put together five dishes in honor of all the Best Picture nominees. Cook up a formal British dinner for Atonement or cook up a hearty Southern meal to honor No Country for Old Men. Simply genious!
- Drinks: That's the Spirit has plenty of drink recipies, but if you want to keep it current check out Defamer for the scoop on that Blue Slushee in honor of Juno.
- Music: iTunes.com has the latest soundtracks for Juno andMichael Clayton.
- Ballots: Print out official ballots over at Oscar.com and get your guests involved.
- Gear: You have to watch the Oscars in high-def so if you don't have the biggest HDTV, then talk to friends who do and try to either co-host the party at their house or buy a projector if you can't borrow one. Also ask your friends to bring their digital cameras to take plenty of pictures, and break out the digital photo frames to play a slideshow of all the nominees.
Share your ideas below.