I love this idea. I really do because how often are you connected to your laptop with VoIP going and you wished you could just walk around and not be connected to it with wires? In comes the Vo200 from Kensington. A Bluetooth handset that will give you that freedom.
This handset flips open neatly so you can talk and connect but while you're off the 'phone', it folds flat and stores directly in your laptop PC slot, to charge up for the next use. Talk about compact and easy to carry!
My laptop has wireless and an empty PC slot that this would fit nicely into for storage. I think I'm going to look this one up and see about a future purchase for myself or family. I know a few that are tied to their VoIP accounts pretty closely and this would be an excellent gift idea for them. Coming in at around $90, all you need is Bluetooth support or a Bluetooth adapter on your laptop to get things working.
Kensington has the following features listed on their site:
- Place clear calls with advanced echo cancellation and noise suppression technology
- Sleek design folds into the size of a PC Card and stores in your laptop!
- Use convenient handsfree or handset mode to talk privately over the internet
- Continuously charges when stored to maximize your talk time
- Always ready when you are -- just pull it out and turn it on!
- Use with your favorite Internet phone services: Skype™, MSN®, Yahoo®, Google™...
- Blinking light warns when you have 10% talk time left
- Over 3 hours of serious talk time and up to 30 hours of standby time